Sunday, 11 December 2011

Birthday Wishes

Another Birthday passed me by this week and considering how busy life is at present with two small girls and a husband that is often away for work, I was lucky to have a really great day. My 2 1/2 year old was in day care, as was my sister in law's little one, so we were both free to go out for lunch (with only my baby in the carrier to worry about).

Since moving to Mackay several months ago, I had often walked past a gorgeous little gift store in town A Deja Vu Experience that boasts a lovely tea room, however with a limo length pram in toe and little hands that like to touch and feel everything, it has always been a definite no-go zone. My birthday worked out to be the perfect day that I could finally go to check out this beautiful looking store, so off we went.

I briefly felt like I was home in Brisbane with the special feel that this beautiful gift store gave me and the lovely setting their cosy tea room had for our lunch. Very impressed! if your in the Whitsunday's region and venture to Mackay you must visit this lovey store.



I was spoiled as well with some lovely well thought out gifts which really warmed my heart :) and my dear husband made a special trip home from work (3 1/2 hrs drive) just to spend some time with me on my birthday and help me out with the kids so that I could enjoy a wine :0

This all got me thinking about gifts and what your dream gift wish list would consist of.... I know that every year it would change slightly but this year I think my dream gift list top 5 would be :

1. A Summer Holiday
Anywhere with a pool and a nice place to sit and look over the beach/ocean. This photo was from Hamilton Island and I would definitely like to venture back there now that we are not so far away, looks so good.


2. A House Cleaner
To do the huge long, never ending list of cleaning, laundry, ironing I have to do.
(image: Clean House )

3. Grandparents whisk the children away for the day/night



4. Dinner with my husband (so very rare)



5. A Shopping Spree with my Sister

Narelle is the perfect fashionista shopping partner, she knows my style and I can always trust that she will give an honest opinion!

On my shopping list would be:
* For some great tunes - Kimbra's new album Vows
* Anything from Fleur Wood - All so gorgeous, free and feminine

(image: Fleur Wood)
* Anything from Allanah Hill - To indulge in true decadence :)
(image: Alannah Hill)

* Something gorgeous from Ruby Star Traders - like this turquoise velvet chair

Image: (Ruby Star)

* Some gorgeous housewares from Domayne - like this Elka quilt cover



* A great read for the chill times - Minxy Vintage by Kelly Doust


I think that's enough dreaming for one day :)

Brenda xx







1 comment:

  1. Being "free" with just 1 of 2 babes, and out with your sister too...sounds like a wonderful birthday lunch!! January will be the first time I will have both of my kids in school (3yo, 5yo) and can nap with my huge belly in peace. :) And that velvet chair is gorgeous. Lovely blog. Welcome to EtsyBloggers.

    ReplyDelete